Mat & Reformer Program
For the first time ever… and only in Australia we are so proud to introduce our NEW Mat and Reformer Program starting in Brisbane on Friday, 29 July 2022, Sydney on Friday, 26 August 2022 and Perth on Friday, 23 September 2023.
If you are keen to find out more, join us for an ONLINE information evening on Wednesday, 25 May at 7.30pm AEST via ZOOM.
The Mat and Reformer Program combines the BASI Foundation Reformer repertoire and the Matwork teacher training program. Students who complete the Mat and Reformer Program are eligible to pursue the Global Comprehensive Program.
This program consists of 6 modules, which is comprised of lecture, discussion, and exercise analysis and practice.
*Students wishing to continue their studies into the Global Comprehensive Program can continue on from Module 7. Please contact us for pricing options and/or payment plan details in order to continue your studies into the Global Comprehensive teacher training at a location near you.
Please review our Refund Policy before registering for a program.
Program schedule is subject to postponement or cancellation, based on student enrolment.
- Requirements for Certificate –
- Attend all 6 modules
- Pass final written exam
- Complete 35 observation hours (50% can be completed using BASI Interactive)* (15 hours Matwork, 20 hours Reformer)
- Complete 80 self-practice hours (40 hours Matwork, 40 hours Reformer)
- Complete 60 student teaching hours (30 hours Matwork, 30 hours Reformer)
- Pass final teaching evaluation – to be completed no later than one year after module 6
- Pass final practical exam – to be completed no later than one year after module 6
*Final Examinations are set dates at centralised testing locations.
- All requirements should be completed within one year following the last module of the program. All examinations must be passed wth a 70% or higher.
- If the requirements are not completed within three years following the last modules, at the discretion of BASI Pilates, the student may be required to ausit 50% of their program. Auditing fees will apply.
- Please Note: Final written exam is available online in English.
- Final teaching evaluation first round of exams is included in course fees. Please see details for centralised testing here. Retesting fees apply, please see website for all details on centralised testing.
- Additional fees may apply:
- To obtain the observation, self-practice and student teaching hours,
- Monthly subscription to BASi Interactive ($10 USD)
- Purchase of suggested reading materials. Please contact BASI for list.
Tuition and Fees
- $4500 AUS (inc GST) if paid in full or $4950 AUS (inc GST) if paid in instalments (see below).
- $550 AUS (inc GST) Initial Deposit (includes the Non – Refundable $110 Administrative Fee).
- Pricing includes; registration, books and other associated payment plan fees.
*Full Payment: $4500 AUS (inc GST)
- $550 AUS (inc GST) Initial Deposit
- Final balance of $3950 (inc GST) to be paid up to 10 days prior to commencement of course.
*Payment Plan: $4950 AUS (inc GST)
- $550 AUS (inc GST) Initial Deposit
- First instalment – $2200 due 10 days prior to Module One
- Second instalment – $2200 due 10 days prior to Module Four
- The instalment payment option is only valid for educational courses conducted by BASI Pilates Australia at its own or host facilities.
- *All payments can be made by direct deposit, credit card or direct debit (fees may apply). Please contact us to arrange payments methods
*price subject to change depending on foreign exchange rates
Tuition Fees include:
- Matwork & Reformer Study Guides
- Online Mid term exam
- Online Final exam
- Final Teaching Evaluation (see Centralised testing)
- Final Practical Exam (see Centralised testing)
Additional Fees May Apply:
- BASI Interactive Monthly Subscription – Pro Version $10 USD/ month.
- Studio Fees for Observation, Self-Practice, Student Teaching (contact host location studio for more information and fees)
- Testing to be taken on an allocated Centralised Testing day (see Centralised testing for dates and times, no fees required for first round of testing)
- Retesting fees apply if not successful on first round.